There are a significant number of people who add fish as a favourite in their daily diet as a staple and for good reason. This black pomfret curry recipe boosts the flavour of the dish with the flavour of raw mango, making it a perfect combination with rice and dosas. The benefits of eating fish are multi-fold and gives you the perfect reason to try out this recipe.
- Cut the black pomfret into small pieces, wash it and set it aside.
- Add water to the grated coconut and grind it into a smooth paste
- Add 2 tbsps of coconut oil in a thick bottomed pan. Saute the fenugreek seeds, sliced shallots, minced ginger, green chillies and curry leaves for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Mix turmeric powder and sliced raw mango into the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next add the coriander powder, chilli powder and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Pour 3 cups of water, salt as per taste and let it boil.
- When the mango pieces are half cooked, add the black pomfret pieces and tomatoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut mixture to this. Add water if based on your preference of gravy texture.
- Add curry leaves, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and boil again for 4-5 minutes.
Serving tip: Serve hot with rice and neer dosa.