Everybody loves a good Caesar Salad – for the simple reason that it’s so un-salady. What’s not to like about bread, chicken, cherry tomatoes, and a mayonnaise dressing? If you’re looking for a way to make the humble Caesar Salad even more wholesome, we found a way. Pasta! Check out our recipe below:
- Clean the lettuce leaves and roughly tear them into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic and seasonings. Pan-fry for 10 minutes, flipping midway. Remove from heat, let cool for 10 minutes, and then chop into cubes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degree C. Tear the bread slices into small croutons, and spread them out in a baking tray. Toss them with olive oil and season. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and salt.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, chicken cubes, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes. Add the dressing and toss well. Check seasoning.
- Tip in the roasted bread croutons and finish with Parmesan shavings on top.
A recipe like this definitely makes the Caesar Salad a great meal option. It’s easy to put together on a quick week night, and as long as you pack the dressing separately, there’s no reason why you can’t carry a portion to work!