Palak paneer is a favourite this of most across the country. It’s a healthy dish that is a part of many meals in an Indian home. This creamy, delicious recipe whips up a dish that you would lick off your fingers. Try it out today.
- Rinse the spinach thoroughly. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Let this spinach sit in this water for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the leaves and add it to the bowl with cold water. Leave it for a minute before straining the leaves.
- Put the strained spinach leaves, garlic cloves, ginger and green chillies into a blender and make a puree.
- Heat ghee in a wok and add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Then add bay leaf to it.
- Add onions and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix chopped garlic and cook it till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the tomatoes into the wok and cook until they soften.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and asafoetida into this, stir well and add palak puree.
- Cook half a cup of water and stir again. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add the paneer cubes and mix well. Stir slowly and cook until the paneer becomes soft.
- Top it with cream and mix well.
Serving tip: Served best with roti or rice.
Tip: Soaking the spinach leaves in cold water helps preserve its green colour.
The best palak paneer is made out of the freshest malai paneer. Brown Apron offers you the best Delhi malai paneer. You will not find better Delhi malai paneer in Bangalore. Order now on Brown Apron. Try out more recipes on our recipe blog.