Cutlets are a delicious and crunchy snack that is enjoyed world over. With their crispy exterior and juicy interior, it hard to say no to these perfectly sized, flavourful nibbles. Here is a recipe to make Mahi-Mahi fish cutlets with an Indian twist.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes and set it aside. Heat a pan with oil and add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and let it crackle. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown. Next, add the ginger garlic paste and green chilli and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste, garam masala and sauté. Add the pieces of Mahi-Mahi and let the fish cook. Once cooked, gently mash the mixture with a fork.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix it well. Cook it till the mixture is moderately dry. Throw in the pepper, lime juice and coriander leaves and mix it together. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a bit.
- To prepare the cutlets, shape the mixture into small patties, rolling and flattening them between your palms. Whisk the egg in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Dip the cutlets in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs bowl and shake of the excess crumbs. When the oil is hot, add the cutlets and then reduce the flame to medium.
- Serve hot with some ketchup or pair this snack with your evening chai.