Mexican cuisine is to die for. Here’s a recipe from the burrito world that will make flavours explode in your mouth. It’s a perfect dish for your party and it serves well as a delicious snack for those lazy evenings too.
- Preheat your oven to 400º F.
- Slice the Zucchini in half lengthwise and take out the pulp to make boats. Line a baking tray with baking sheet and place the zucchini on it. Brush them with oil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 3 tsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and stir for 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic to this and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and paprika to this mix and bring it to a boil. Remember to stir frequently. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Tip in the chicken and corn into this, stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes. Once done, remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini boats and top it with cheese. Bake these for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Serving Tip: To garnish, sprinkle with cilantro, cherry tomato and green onion and serve hot.