Every mom’s go to recipe to cure a cold and flu is some piping hot bone broth – or as it’s also called Paya soup. You may have fond memories of slurping on this good old home remedy on those bleak days. This easy to make, delicious soup packs a bigger health punch than you might have known. Here are a few things it takes credit for-
- It helps during gastrointestinal disorders like gas and constipation and aids in digestion.
- Rich in minerals like calcium, sodium, potassium, etc, it can make your bones stronger.
- The collagen content benefits skin, nails and hair and also polishes their look.
- It can help in the fight against inflammation.
- Most of all, it helps you get some of that much needed sleep.
With all these added benefits, the Paya soup recipe is definitely worth giving a try. Read on for a simple yet delicious recipe of Paya soup with mutton trotters from Brown Apron.
- 4 Mutton trotters
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 8-10 black peppers
- 2 tbsps oil
- 4 cups water
- Salt as per taste
- Marinate the mutton trotters with onion, black pepper, cumin and coriander seeds, green chillies, garlic, salt and oil. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Pressure cook the marinated trotters with water for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Cool is for a while, add salt and cook again for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Add pepper to the soup and serve hot.
Try it out for yourself. Buy mutton trotters online now!